Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hair Again, Gone Tomorrow

Sunday, January 19, 2014



My hair is still short from my first run in with the clippers back in June but it was growing into a cute pixie cut. I've been embracing this whole heartedly despite never having hair this short.

Enter in my new treatment plan. My hair is now making a swift exit and leaving a trail behind. I've been laughing it off for the past month but today it got to me. Standing in the shower, I look down and wonder why the water is suddenly pooling around my ankles. I don't have long hair to stop the drain anymore. Oh. OH. I come to the realization that it is now my short hair stopping the drain. I bend down and pull out enough hair to make a fur coat for a mouse. Eek!

Today


And so here it is over a week later. I've been meaning to finish this post but the words just wouldn't come. I got to Thursday night and as I lay in bed I rolled over and it was like a golden retriever had rubbed herself on my pillow. My mouth and nostrils filled with blonde hairs, I had had enough. It was time. Friday morning came and I told husband today was the day. He agreed. I was overdue. I was fighting a losing battle. And so we shaved my head again. The pile of hair this time was alarmingly small.

Here I am again. GI Jane-ish. Except this time I look a little more tired and a little more bald.


No comments:

Post a Comment