Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dear Cancer

I know it’s been a while since I posted.  I haven’t abandoned my blog but I’ve been having some weird moods lately and not all of them have been good. I didn’t really want to post crap or moody rants.

Anyway, today I decided to write a letter to cancer.



Dear Cancer,

I’m bored with you.  It’s not a challenge, just a fact.  I’m ready to move on to the next thing in my life.  Start the next chapter.  Maybe we can do this again in 40 or 50 years.  I mean really, you were a bit premature.  Since when do you attack healthy 32 year olds?  Aren’t you ready to just leave my body and go somewhere else?  We’ve been together over a year now, maybe even two.  I think maybe you arrived unannounced around February 2012.  Is that right?  Aren’t you bored with me?  You know, there are actually people who WANT to die.  I think you know I’m not one of them.  Go on Google and look for those cancer fakes.  Go to them, they are requesting you by name.

 I just want you to know, I don’t have time for you and your nonsense bullshit.  I’m a busy woman and I’ve already got enough to do.  You and all your crap just annoy me.  Bumps and lumps.  Who wants that?  Just go away already.  

I, on the other hand, am too busy living to deal with you.  You’ve only created more work for me – scouring medical journals and research hospital news for ways to eradicate you.  You and your silly roadblocks- burning hands and feet, mouthsores, hairlessness.  Really? Puking while driving. Pssht, mastered it.

You may knock me down, but I’m a derby girl and I get back up EVERY TIME.  It’s only a matter of time until my good doc comes up with something to kill you.  They get closer every day.

Your days are numbered cancer, not mine.

Sincerely,

Malaya aka Slamour Doll

4 comments:

  1. That was wonderful to read!!! Go get umm girl!!! You can do this!!! and we are all behind you!!!

    Love You
    Izzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this entry. "You may knock me down, but I’m a derby girl and I get back up EVERY TIME. It’s only a matter of time until my good doc comes up with something to kill you. They get closer every day."

    ReplyDelete